Sunday, January 20, 2019

Mom of a Missionary, E-mails from Mexico. January 14, 2019

Stayin' alive, stayin' alive!

Hello, Family and Friends! Elder Bowlby here. 









So, it's been the first week of the transfers. Elder Anguiano and I are getting accustombed to each other and our way of working. I really love my companion, and as of now there are actually four of us in the house... because we're helping two of our companions find a house. Elder Grande is with us! He was one of my companions in Purification, Victoria (Last year!!) and he's just gotten back to the mission after he had to return for health issues. It takes a lot of strength to get back into the swing of things after going home and getting back. He's accompanied by Elder Ferraz, from Brazil. 

We've been going on a lot of adventures. I'm in the final stages of the mission... the last few months before one gets back home are the hardest because everybody begins to tell me that "I'm dying" and "Hey you're already going home so..." and "Yeah, you lack how much time?" so I'm doing everything I can to "Not die" and "Stay alive".

So, this is my week. I'd like to share you a scripture I found, describing the young Ammonite Warriors in the book of Mormon: 

Alma 53:20-21
20 And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted.

21 Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him.

This is a good description of who we can be in order to recieve strength through the Lord. We might not need to fight in the war, but the Lord can always give us protection when we keep the commandments of God and walk uprightly before him. 

So stay strong! Stand tall! Who are you? You're powerful! You've got this! 

Love you all, miss you, but time flies! I'll be seeing you sooner than later!

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment