Friday, January 11, 2019

My Cat and Cancer. January 11, 2018

Here is my sweet Amber in her favorite chair.  I have to say that I was so glad that she was pretty well during the holidays.  It was nice to have a last Christmas with her.
It is January 11 and we still have a Christmas tree in our house.   Usually the week after Christmas the tree is out of the house.  But  my cat's routine is that after having a little bit to eat in the morning she goes and sits under the Christmas tree. I imagine she is pretending she is out in the wild.  Some days she even plays with the little birds that I have put in the tree.  I just don't have the heart to take the Christmas tree out.  Most likely it will be out of the house this weekend though.   Perhaps I'll keep the tree skirt out so if she wants to lay on it she can.
When my son was young he wrote a book about our cats first Christmas.  This past year I scanned all the pictures into my computer and then created a small book on Blurb Books.   I  then printed out a copy for myself and my children.  Kitty helped me wrap up the books to give as Christmas presents.  In the back of the book are photos of her.  We had so much fun sitting and reading this little book and remembering our old house and the special Christmases with our family and cat.   In realizing that I will not have another Christmas with my cat, I have been packing up her items in a special box so I'm not depressed next year.  But with the book I wrote a note to myself, about the day I packed up the Christmas items and how my cat was helping me.  I wrote to remember all the special moments with gladness and to not get sad.  I don't know if it will work.

Each day I try to spend time just sitting and cuddling with my kitty.  The other night both my husband and I were sitting with her and giving her lots of love and attention. We spent time talking about all the special moments we have had with our cat, how she is the Queen of our house.  I told him how I missed the days when she would be in the kitchen begging for food.  She always loved to eat, and if you were in the kitchen she was in the kitchen rubbing around your legs and meowing.  I loved our little meal time routine.  The next day was so special because she actually felt good and she rubbed around my legs and meowed for food.  It was a nice little moment to have my hungry cat back. 
We spend a lot of time giving her love and spoiling her right now.  I will be very surprised if she is still with us in February.  I guess I'm learning to make each day precious.  
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment