Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Bucket List Fall Fun Getaway......Newport Beach California...October 5-7,2018

To celabrate my daughter doing great in High School and 
starting college life we took a weekend get away to Newport Beach California.
Doing that Southwest weekend get away.  One thing I know is next trip
I will be looking at the cost of flights more, because from what I have 
heard I paid too much.  We had so much fun though that we have decided it was ok.

We got in and caught the sun setting. Then went out to 
eat at Mama D's italian restraunt.  You know you are 
in for good food when there is a huge line.  It was totally worth the wait.


I got up a 6am and headed up to the beach.  I was going to get the most out of 
my mini vacation.  This is a flock of pelicans.  They just go too fast to get a good photo.

My husband loves the ocean. This was our first time 
going to the ocean on the west coast.  This was our first vacation that was not
going to a place where we used to live.

My sister in law, daughter and I sat and watched all the young and old surfer boys. 
It was fun.

You know that verse in the Beach Boy song "Busy blonde hairdo" well 
I know what a bushy blonde hairdo is like, my hair got really curly on this
trip.

We rented a beach house through Happy Travels, a few blocks from the beach.  I loved it.
It was clean, it was beautifully decorated. If you decide you want to 
go here this is a good place to rent from.  We really felt the beach house 
was beautiful and well kept.


Her dream vacation.  

Of course I brought my favorite magazine to read while soaking in the 
sun. 

The Old Men and the Sea.  


I thought this birds way of eating was interesting.


What is it eating??


We took some really long walks.  I loved all the beach houses.



We went to the "WEDGE".  My husband was so thrilled as 
from his New Jersey Surfing days this was a place he always read about.
He even met one of the original body surfers and got a DVD, which he watches often.

Make memories that take your breath away. 
That is my new goal in life.


This bird wanted me to take it's photo.

I could see my self becoming a crazy cactus lady
if I lived here.  This house had tons of cactus plants in pots all around it.


My husband with Lance "Skeeter" an 
original WEDGE body surfer.


The car of my dreams.


Of course I have to take some flower photos.
A bird of paradise.


Waiting for our plane home at the John Wayne airport.
What a wonderful weekend get away. 
Have you done any cool traveling?
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment