Sunday, October 1, 2017

Mom of a Missionary...E-mails From Mexico...September 11th....

​I'm going to be brief because I don't have a ton of time. We're in a little road-side ciber right now because we don't have access to the chapel office right now. The situation is a bit rough here in San Felipe.

Our shining ray of hope and encouragementIn our ward, there's a young man who has already returned from his Mission, named Beto. He's incredibly kind, and always ready to help us out. Whenever we feel down he's always there to help us back up onto our feet. I'm incredibly grateful for his attitude and example. He's the kind of person I want to be when I return. 

Nothing much is really happening...We're doing our best and doing what we can, but we're not seeing the fruits of our labors. Perhaps we are here to sow seeds for future missionaries. Whatever the case, my companion and I are getting better each day. I'm becoming more and more confident with talking with people, sharing lessions, talking with people in the street...
More and more I'm reminded about how I need to be more humble. I'm working on fixing my flaws every day, and even if I can't help others fix their flaws I can at least know that I am refining myself in the process.

Fidel
Our investigator Fidel showed up to church this sunday! We're very happy for him, as this marks a step towards promises with the Lord, and leaving his old drinking habits behind him in the dust. 

StressA lot of stress recently. I feel a lot of pressure to do something but I don't know what to do. It's weighing down on me a bit, and I'm looking to see what I can do to improve, but I just don't know. 

A lot of buzz about hurracanes and earthquakesI'm fine, really. Nothing struck here and everything is quite normal and sunny. Nothing more than a bit of rain and my broken umbrella (which more or less still works).

I'm running out of time, so I'm going to quickly share some of the drawings I made for sharing with the people here. I don't have quite enough yet for what I need to do, but I'm going to make copies and work hard with them this week. I sadly do not have a spiritual thought to share with you this week, but I would like to encourage you to read your scriptures daily and keep working hard to do good in the world.

Good luck with your adventures and daily battles.
Jesus and the hill where he gave the sermon on the Beattitudes (with the Sea of Galilee in the background).
My interpretation of a temporary paradise
The forbidden fruit from the Garden of Eden. It looks like a strawberry, but it's not. I think the forbidden fruit has a prismic shape. If you can spot the gospel truth I've hidden in this card, you're probably one that is very keen with the spirit.

God Bless, and stay strong. Ye are the light of the world. 

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment