Sunday, October 1, 2017

Mom of A Missionary...E-mails from Mexico... August 14th Stomach pains and hurracanes.

Happy Monday, friends and family.

It was a calm week here in San Felipe Orizatlán. Nothing exciting happened, really.

Monday we had the baptism of our investigator. We were quite worried that evening, because at Six O'Clock, nobody had shown up but us! It took a while, but by 6:30 things were finally moving. There was a cake too, for her birthday. 

That night, we recieved a phone call from another Missionary who said that Tropical Storm/Hurracane Franklin would hit our area, and for that we needed to be on watch and stay in the house for most of Wednesday, all of Thursday, and part of Friday.

Wednesday was fine up until mid-day, so we left to work. My stomach started to feel off, but I did what I could to work. When the rain started to pour down harder, we retired to the house.

Thursday we stayed in the house all day... except for the time when we went to the local pharmacy to buy medicine for my stomach. The rain had stopped and we were able to safely go and return... and I had something to help calm my stomach. We did nothing else that day.

Friday I still felt awful. We tried to walk, but every so often I had to sit down because my stomach was reeling. We returned home and rested.

Saturday was a normal day of work, and we did what we could. We contacted and contacted, and found some people that we could return and teach, but at a later date.

Sunday was a normal Sunday. Turns out that we were supposed to plan talks, so I prepared half the morning of, and ad-libbed the other half in whatever spanish I could muster so my companion could have time to search scriptures for his talk. It went really well, actually.

All in all, I'm feeling much better now.

Spiritual thought of the week: Muy breve.

Every day there is always something we can improve. Perhaps there is a certain scriptural teaching, a rule, or even something we do in our everyday routine. Every day we read about our rules and we read the scriptures, and we always look for something to work on. Whenever there is something that we do incorrectly, we must always remember that there is repentance, or changes we can make, and then we can move forward and do our best to not make the same mistake.

That is something I learn more and more each day.

Well, until the next week. I love you all, and I miss you! Thank you for all of your e-mails. I'm always happy to hear what is going on at home and abroad. Best wishes!

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment