Sunday, October 1, 2017

Mom of A Missionary...E-mails from Mexico.. Being soaking wet is the most unpleasant feeling I have ever felt in a long time.

Hello, Hello! It's me once again. Elder Bowlby here! Welcome to the rainy season. It's going to be raining a lot here in San Felipe... Yikes.

Lots of Rain.
It appears that my umbrella has finally started to break and fall apart. Uh oh. Looks like I'll be using my rain jacket a lot more. I'm not too ready to buy a new umbrella just yet, as there aren't any chain stores around here like Walmart. Everything I want to buy is either in the street or in a street-side store run by who knows who. Maybe I should just wait until I get transferred to a different area.

We were out in a colonia that was more or less 10 minutes away from home. We arrived and it was cloudy, which was no big deal.
The problem was that as we started to walk back the rain started to downpour and I had nothing with which to protect myself. Elder Araujo really likes the rain because it doesn't rain a lot in Perú, and he was happily walking and singing in the rain.
I on the other hand was very unhappy with the situation, but Elder Araujo helped me lighten up and we both returned to the house laughing and drenched. 

Lack of people to talk to.
Yeah the people still aren't too ready to talk to us. My zone leader encouraged me to think outside the box with how we find people to teach. I haven't arrived at anything sure yet, but I have a feeling that it will require the use of my drawings. They can reject my presence all they want but if they reject my drawings there is no hope because honestly what more can I do?

We're doing what we can to lift up the wounded.
We've been meeting with a man named Fidel recently. He's had problems with alcohol and he's been looking for change in his life, so we are helping him as best we can. He's really talented with woodwork. He makes wonderful looking doors, handrailing, closets, tables... and he learned at the age of 25 without formal schooling! I really feel that the message we share will be able to help him overcome his addiction and never return. 

All in all...

With every week comes a new trial of faith. I'm doing what I can to adjust, to learn, to move forward and to become a better servant/Missionary. I'd like to share a scripture with you that I found during my study time. 

2 Nephi 25:26
And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.

My dearest friends and family, It is my hope that you continually look unto he  will see you all next week. Good luck, stay strong, and make the extra effort to do something good in the world! Make a change for the better. In Spanish, change starts with U.

Well, not really. Change still starts with C (the word is Cambio). But I'm sure you get what I meant. 😉

-Elder Bowlby
who is able to save, to he who is ready to lend a hand to those who are in need. We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach and prophesy of Christ, and we do this to bring all to a knowledge of our Savior and Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment