Saturday, September 16, 2017

Mom Of A Missionary...e-mails from the Mission Field...June 26th...

Hello, family and friends!

I don't have any photos or even any new drawings this week. I've been caught up in a very strange and trial-filled week. Struggles of both health and work weighed down on me, as well as a touch of homesickness.

Nevertheless the Lord has helped me through my challenges of this week, and I have faith that he will continue to help me through various desafĂ­os if I remain faithful. 

In brief, this week we had three days with little to no work due to health issues, one day with a load of unprecedented success, and a baptism on Saturday! We baptized a young man who has been investigating the church. While I did not find him or his family, I did teach a few lessions with him and I was very happy for him as he entered the waters of baptism and followed the example of Christ. He was confirmed a member this past Sunday and my companion and I now have no progressing investigators. More work for this next week! Time to make up for what I missed.

I have had little time to do much else other than work, which is a good thing, I guess? Who knows. I hope that all of you are working hard as well, with whatever your missions are, be they spiritual or temporal.

As always, I will close with a spiritual thought:
Moroni 7:41
And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise.

In the mission, we need a lot of hope and faith, a lot of strength to do what we do everyday. Lest we forget that this work is a work of salvation, and a work of eternal importance. If we trust in the Lord, we will have the power that is expedient for us to do all things the lord requires. Hope that through the atonement, our work will be sanctified and we will be forgiven of our imperfections. The Lord understands all, and I have no doubt he understands I am still learning.

Until next time! God Bless.

-Elder Bowlby

 I have to say that Every Monday is exciting for me, to hear from my son...But I really do like it when he sends photo's of where he is and of what he is doing.  I so miss my Young Man...

No comments:

Post a Comment