Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Mom Of A Missionary... E-mails From Mexico...Rain, Rain, Go Away.....

A new meaning to "Rain, Rain, Go away..."
Hello, friends and family.

This week has been a bit rough for us here in San Felipe. It has rained a lot in the past week, and as such, progress has been slow for a couple of reasons. 1: Most everybody likes to hide inside of their homes (And behind their gates(and with their television blasting)) when it's raining.
Another issue is that our fixed meetings often fall and leave us confused as what to do next. We had a day that no matter what we did, nothing seemed to work. Our lessons fell, nobody wanted to talk to us (and believe me we tried to talk to people), and we ended up returning home frustrated.
Rain also impedes our progress around the area, especially if we're in a part of the area that's a bit farther than usual. La Colonia Pedregal is one of the farthest colonias en nuestra area, and as such, we either have to walk there (which we normally do) or take a taxi (and spend 20 pesos). Not all the roads are paved, and pretty much all roads accumulate puddles of water during rain, and we have to be careful where we step to avoid soaking our feet. I'm very glad I bought an umbrella.

This last week has been rough in all aspects, but I know that at the end of the day what determines success is my attitude and if I did my best to work. I'll just work harder this week! And the next week! And the week after that week! And blllluuuurrrghhhhhhhhh...

Ah well. Nobody said Well, other than stress, my health is alright. Just a bit sore here and there.
Don't worry about me. Almost three months in. (At least I think it's three months).
As always, I close with a spiritual thought.

3 Nephi 22: 7-8

7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee, but with great mercies will I gather thee.

8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment, but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.

Whatever afflictions we suffer (be it for our own decisions or the decisions of others), we can have comfort in knowing that the Savior will be with us, ready to again offer great mercies and everlasting kindness. I know that this is true, for how else could I be here and serving a mission? Certainly it took many tender mercies and miracles for me to be here.

I take comfort in knowing that you are all doing well. Stay strong, and as I would say it:

Believe in the you that the me that believes in you believes in!
this would be easy, after all. At the very least, I've had some time to relax and draw a bit. Went to a papelería to buy tarjetas blancas to try and create my own tabletop game (because we have no games in this house), but I couldn't bring myself to make a game because that's a lot of time and patience (of which I have but little) and as such, I just decided to doodle on them and some of them are quite pretty (but I have no photos). I don't have any more space in my drawing booklets, and while I tried to draw on the backside of pages, for fear of drawings smearing and memories being lost, I put them aside.God bless, take care! Miss you all dearly.

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment