Saturday, April 23, 2016

Crazy Hens and Chicks lady...Part two...My out door experiment...

All winter I have been growing Hens and Chicks in my house in little pots.  My family has thought that I have gone crazy.  But really I do have a garden plan for all these plants.  I want plant them around my window wells.  Here is the first finished planting.
I have actually bought a bunch of different succulents to plant around the window wells to see which ones do the best. 
I'm also working on putting Sedum around the edge of the house..This is a section that I have cleared out but have not yet planted anything.
This is a small section of my garden that I planted last year..The Hens and Chicks did really well in this spot, and I'm hoping that by the end of the summer I will have the same results for the new areas that I have planted.  What I love about these plants is they don't need a lot of attention or water.
I have to say that I am enjoying my western garden adventure...I really like the Sedum and Hens and Chicks.
The weather forecast is for rain this week...So my next adventure will be starting my seeds..I'm going to be starting Shasta Daisies and Black Eyed Susan's as I have a new garden idea for my back yard.  In another month I'm also going to start some Sunflowers too... What are you doing in your garden this year?
G.G.





No comments:

Post a Comment