Friday, April 1, 2016

Kimberly, Kimberly Quite Contrary...How did your garden grow?...Looking back to last years garden and what I learned...

As I start to plan what I want to do in my garden this year I look back at what I learned last year.  One thing I did last year was plant seeds in little green house containers...I learned that you need to plant the same seeds in a container, I planted some different ones and then some lived and some died...I love seeing the whole life cycle of plants...It's my inner scientist wanting to know how everything works.
I get a lot of sun light in my house which I love.  I was so excited to have plants that grew so well..These are baby Black Eyed Susan Vines...Learning the right time to move a baby plant from the house to the garden was the next step in my gardening experience...Some of the little plants lived and some unfortunately died...
One problem I ran into last year was the neighborhood cat..I would plant something and the next morning it would be dug up..I found that planting forks in my garden kept the cats away...But it got a lot of questions..At the end of the year I found some clip on flowers and put them on the forks and said that they finally bloomed....
This is one of the first flowers in my garden each year..Periwinkle...I'm always happy to see it blooming.
I'm trying to fill my front yard garden with small flowering plants..I tried this Portulaca plant...They did pretty good in my garden, but I don't think I will plant them again this year.
We have a fence along our back yard and I tried to grow morning glories up it last year, I think I waited a little long to plant them, I'm hoping they come back on their own...Oh and forks..I planted lots of forks last year...I wish people would keep their cats inside...
It was wonderful to plant a seed and see it grow and flower...This is a Black Eyed Susan Vine flower..
I so enjoyed my garden last year...I can't wait to do some more experiments this year and share them with you.
G.G.







No comments:

Post a Comment