Friday, December 27, 2013

The Gift of Gratitude........

As I searched for Christmas gifts for my children I saw a book on things to do for the Savior for Christmas.  One of the many things to do that caught my attention was " Give the gift of Gratitude".  Remember to give thanks daily to God, and our Savior for all your blessings.  If you are not religious you may just thank the universe.   I believe there is a God and Savior and so through out the day I say thank you for those things that are blessings.
If you think about it, it's very simple to give thanks.  And the wonderful thing that I have learned is that as you give thanks you are then given more blessings.  When a trial hits, I look for what is going right and thank God for that.  And though everything may not work out perfectly at least I have made a bad situation not so bad.
I hope for the year of 2014 to continue to learn and grow and focus my life on Gratitude.  I hope to keep my Friday blog posts focused on Gratitude.  I'm working on other topics and the days I would like to blog about them.  But Fridays will remain my Gratitude day.
Here are things I'm thankful for this week:
1. I'm thankful for the employees who support me in my new position at work.
2. I'm thankful for time with my family.  We had a wonderful Christmas day.
3. I'm thankful for books that teach about healthy eating, my new goal for the new year is to eat healthy, no more soda and chips for me.
4. I'm thankful for all the beautiful photo's of flowers that I took this year.  I look forward to getting more photo's in 2014.
5. I'm thankful for technology that allows me to keep in touch with friends and family around the world.
6. I'm thankful for my wonderful children, who made beautiful Christmas presents for me.
7.  I'm thankful for lots of sunshine to sit in on cold winter days.
8. I'm thankful my husband is a mechanic and can fix our old cars.

9.  I'm grateful for all the learning of this year.  I hope for a new year with learning, but perhaps less struggles.
10. I'm grateful for my life and all the blessings that have been mine.
Have a wonderful New year.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment