Monday, December 16, 2013

The rescue, He came to rescue us all...... Christmas and the Rescue....

I was so thankful yesterday to be able to attend church.  My new position makes it so I see my family more, but sometimes I have to work Sunday mornings and miss getting to attend church.  So as I walked to church I said thank you multiple times due to the fact that I was so happy to be able to attend and to be with my family.  As I sat and thought about the topic that has been spoken on for the past few months I thought " Jesus Came to Rescue us."   I thought about how from the beginning there was a plan, and the plan was that we would have a Savior to teach us how to live and earn eternal life.
"God So Loved The World That He Gave His Only Begotten Son....."  I thought of how thankful I was that Christ came to this world and gave his whole life that we might live forever with him, Heavenly Father, and our families."
The great rescuer taught us how important we were to him, as he taught us about being rescued and about how we can rescue others.  He taught us to love others as he loved us.  He taught us to search for the lost, as he searches for the lost.  He taught us to be patient and always hopeful that the lost will be found, for he is patient and always hopeful that all the lost will be found.  He taught us to be filled with joy when someone who has been lost is found.  Because then we will know how he feels too.  It was wonderful to think about this yesterday, and then to have my thoughts confirmed by the talks given.  I hope that each day I can help others learn to be kind, and loving.  We need more people to build up others in this world.  Each day I strive to help others.  I hope during the Christmas Season you can see how much love the Savior has for you.
G.G.
Related Site:
LDS 2013 Christmas Message
The Gifts of Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment