Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Our Bowlby Family Christmas Letter Blog post.....

This year went by so fast.  First I want to apologize to any family member or friend who did not receive a birthday card in the mail this year.  With moving across the country and then moving again once we got a house I have lost all my birthday information and have not yet found it.  We are now going to be celebrating our 3rd Christmas in Utah.  The years seem to fly by and I'm not sure how many Christmas cards will get in the mail.  So I decided to do this Christmas letter blog post.  This is the photo I wanted to have made into cards to send out this year, but due to time never got printed.  I can't wait till next Saturday our family is going to go "Down Town" and see the Christmas lights and take a horse and carriage ride.  This is the last gift for my daughters "Christmas through the year book."  I hope to blog on that soon.  So I hope to have some new Christmas photo's soon.  Perhaps we will find someone to take a photo of our family, as I am not allowed to go to Target this year to do family photo's, I just spend way too much money.
I have to say that the Christmas light out here in Utah are beautiful and so I can't wait to go and see them.  But here is what has been going on with our family this past year.
Our daughter Gabrielle earned her Green belt in Karate this fall, and participated in the West Wind Karate Challenge. She got two first place awards.  She was so happy to move up to the high belt class and is now having to work harder to learn and grow in Karate.  She loves this sport.  She has also gone to every open Temple in the State of Utah this year with her young women's group.  Her last Temple to attend will be the Salt Lake Temple in December.  She is doing great in school, with straight "A's".  She loves to read and works hard to do her best.  She is such a sweet girl, and I love it when she leaves little notes to me around the house.  I look forward to watching her grow and move forward in all her activities in the coming year.
Our Son Jacob is the artist/cartoonist of the family.  He has his own YouTube account.  He tries to put new animations on it monthly.  He is always found with paper and pencil and some new idea being sketched out.  His mind seems to be filled with things to draw.  He even made a cartoon of me. Which is my new facebook profile picture. Jacob also likes to talk with different ethnic accents, I'm hoping he will try out for a school play next year.  Jacob is in all honors classes this year and is doing very well.  He does find some challenge with school work which makes me happy but not him as he would rather be drawing or skyping with friends.  He still plays the violin and I can't wait to go to the Christmas Concert. Jacob is also a member of our Ward Choir so as you can tell anything in the art field is something he loves to do.
Our cat Amber is loving her new home in Utah.  She keeps me company when everyone is at school and work.  She has one pound left to lose on her cat diet, which drives us all a little crazy as she constantly begs to be fed, but she is no longer considered "fat" by the vet.
Jim is busy with work.  He is always fixing something, and not only does he fix things at work, but even out here he fixes peoples cars.  He has had quiet a few job offers this year.  Which makes me feel safe, as if one job ends I know there are other places that would hire him.  He is the High Priest Group leader at church.  It keeps him busy.  In fact the joke for our family is that everyone has a leadership position except for me.  I'm the big slacker of the family when it comes to church.  I'm actually just happy that I get to attend most weeks.   The past month has been nice for our family as I have seen them more than I have in the past three years.  Jim has also made lots of "old car" friends out here and keeps busy with them and their projects.
I have done a lot of different things this year.  I have kept up with family history research, and I am enjoying learning more about my family's history.  I have started to get all my sources into the church website so people who look at my family tree will know I'm not just making it up.  I have been able to attend the Temple weekly which has been wonderful.  I worked for a few weeks at a garden center.  Which was fun.  I took tons of flower photo's and learned more about flowers this year. I was starting to look for a new job, when the position that I really wanted at my work came open, so I applied for it and now I work full time and really love what I'm doing.  I have a lot to learn, but I really feel challenged and feel that I can help make a difference where I work. I've been slowly getting my new house organized, and thinking of the directions I want to take my blog in the coming year.  I have lots of ideas, just need more time.  I look forward to a new year of learning and growing.  I hope that all of you have a wonderful Christmas season.  I hope to share more of our Christmas season with you in the coming weeks.
From,
Kimberly, James, Jacob and Gabrielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment