Saturday, December 7, 2013

Be Grateful Everyday

I saw this on Facebook today and remembered that I wanted to blog every Friday about what I was grateful for and the past few weeks have been so busy that I have dropped the ball so to speak.  I believe what this says and wanted to take a moment to send out some gratitude to God and the universe.
Here are somethings I'm thankful for this week.
1. I'm thankful for safe travel on snowy roads.  Yes winter is here and I sometimes have to drive late at night on very bad roads, so that I get home safe is something to be thankful for.
2. I'm thankful for the employee who scraped all the snow off  my car the other night.  He actually scraped off all the employee cars in our lot and it was wonderful to get out of work at 1 a.m. and only have to jump in my car and warm it up and not have to scrape all the snow and ice off.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
3. I'm Thankful for my beautiful family. The Christmas season has been a bit hard this year, as I've been missing my little kids.  My teens are wonderful, but I've been missing the baby years, and have been reflecting on how wonderful they were for my family, I'm thankful for all the wonderful years our family has had together.  I look forward to many more wonderful years.
4. I'm thankful for my husband who decided that we will have a great Christmas this year and has worked hard to bring things into the house that he thinks bring a great Christmas spirit, such as a huge live Christmas tree.  I was so tired I slept through the whole thing last night.
5. I'm thankful for Christmas concerts, and that I have the time off to go to see my children play in them.  I love to listen to Christmas music, although certain songs bring tears to my eyes this year.  Like "I'll be home for Christmas"  I'd love to spend Christmas in Vermont someday again.
6. I'm thankful for comfort food, tonight we will have beef stew in bread bowls.  I can't wait.

7. I'm grateful for Christmas lights.  I can't wait to go out to see the lights in the city.  It is so much fun to drive around at night and see peoples houses lit up.
8. I am thankful for quiet mornings with my family.
9. I am thankful for a furry little cat who snuggles up with me to nap.
10.  I am thankful for weekly visits to the Temple.
Remember to bring gratitude into your life every day.  You will see a huge change in your life if you do.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment