Wednesday, September 22, 2010

White Marigold




This is a photo of a white Marigold. Most Marigolds are dark orange in the center and light orange on the edges. I'm thinking someone who is into flowers and creating new forms made this White Marigolds. I had quite a few of them in my garden, but they fell over and began to look bad. I took them all out last week. My neighbor who lives in near my garden stopped me a few days later and asked where they went. She really loved them. I told her that I had pulled them out. She was a little sad because she wanted some seeds so she could try to grow her own next year. I told her I would buy some for her next year. I did leave the zinnia's in the garden for her as she usually likes to take the seeds, but she was really looking forward to the marigolds.


I have realized that I am making too much of a project in finding a new job. I have a meeting on Friday, which I will go to, but have pretty much decided not to go the route of getting more of an education. I liked one of my friends comments to check out a local plant shop. We have an Agway next to my house and I'm going to go there and see if they need a cashier. I'm also going to hand in some applications Friday afternoon to some of the retail stores in the area that I have been filling out. Next Wednesday I'm going to the Resume and Cover Letter training session at the one stop unemployment center. I've spent way too much time worrying and I need to get out there and apply. I then will try to take some more online course that would help me get a job in a veterinary hospital. Once my resume looks good, I'm just going to go down and apply for a receptionist position. I think a lot of my problem has been that my life has been so unsteady the past few month. I need to just get out and go.


My husband was called in at work yesterday. He is now going to be going on to a true flat rate work life. I pray that he will be able to do well. They will be reviewing him every two weeks. He feels he has about 6 weeks to prove himself, or he may be out a job again. I have to say in some ways this scares me, and in others I'm OK with it. I'm not sure what direction he would take if he does not stay employed. I really like the car dealership that he works for, they have been very nice and fair to him. I only hope that things will work out.


Off to continue to fill out applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment