Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Praying Mantis

Here are two very interesting photo's of the Praying Mantis. This is the second one that I have seen in my garden this year. Perhaps he is there to remind me to pray about the direction in my life. I have to say they are very interesting bugs. I'm not sure what direction my life is going to go in. I do have to say that I have been meeting a lot of interesting people in the process. Yesterday I had re-employment orientation at the One stop unemployment center, where they start you on a journey of finding a new job. See I could go out and apply to many retail stores, but is that where I want to be in a few years. And at
what point would I become very bored. I really want to work in an office type setting. Yesterday I signed up for a career counselor interview. Which I had today. I have to say that it was very interesting, and the person was very nice to me. They did say I was just too sweet and I needed to learn how to be a "New Jersey B...." You can guess what that word is. I said I don't think that will ever happen. I did learn that one thing on my resume is a big employment killer. All my community service because it screams that I have children,and that suggests that I'll want tons of time off. I was given a good book to find my skills, and new ways to write my resume. I was also started in the process of getting money to go back to school to become a Vet tech. And If I can't work with books, then that would be the next best place for me. It is where I have my education, and where a lot of my passion is. So my next appointment is at 9:30 am on Friday. I now have to put together a job search list. I have been looking and talking to people about employment. Most of the place's I'd like to be really aren't hiring. So It's off to once again work on that resume, and put together my job search sheet.





You see a lot about the recession being over. I'm not sure, I think that perhaps it wasn't even a recession, I think it was a depression. Each day as I wait for my appointments at the unemployment office, I hear so many sad tales. People on their last possible extension. They have been applying for jobs and nothing, no one is even calling to give them an interview. People who thought they had a job that would never be affected and are now unemployed. You even hear people who have job's talking about how they don't want ask for raises because they don't want to lose their job. Today as I talked to the career counselor I said that I had been thinking of applying at retail stores, and she said that's the next dying thing. Pretty soon it will be see our online shop, and there will be less and less actual stores. I'm not sure how far down the road that is, I'd hate to see it though. I like to go out and walk around the stores, I'd hate to think that soon you will just be stuck buying everything online. But you know the next generation I don't think it would phase them at all. No books, just computers, no stores, just computers. Are there going to be any job soon?

1 comment:

  1. what about trying for a job with a garden center? with your garden photos it seems like you know so much about plants and would like to be around them.

    and about the recession being over- well I have two jobs open here at the store I manage and I can't for the life of me get someone to take either job- ok so some of the people are whoafully under qualified for the job but out of those who are.... so to me it seems like if people are going to be so picky about what job they take it must mean they aren't hurting for money that much.

    ReplyDelete