Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back To School !

The kids are off at school. I've always taken a photo of them in front of the stair's to show how much they have grown each year. I can't believe that both are now taller than the post. My son is still in the have to wear a shirt that makes a statement, and my daughter is in some sort of black mode of dress. They were both so excited to head off to school this morning. And now my house is just so very quiet. I need to do a little work and then I'm going to get dressed up and go get applications at places that have signs saying they are hiring. I just can't be in a quiet house.

Last night I got to sit down with the other leaders

of the cat club and help in making up the calender and deciding what I'll be teaching the children this year. I'm so happy for this ability to work with these children and the ability to teach. If I could go back in time I would have gotten a teaching degree and taught science. I know down the road I will look for a way to either get into some type of teaching environment or to work in a veterinary hospital. Right now I'm looking for a rowing job. I job to bring some extra money in while my husband becomes settled in his job. This is not the job I will stay at forever, it is the job to pay the bills.

I look forward to learning something new though. I love to learn. I'm excited for my children because they have so many possibilities ahead of them. They have so much potential. I can't wait to hear about all they are going to learn and to see where they decide to go in their lives. I hope that I am able to help guide them to make good decisions. Look at this boy he is getting so tall. I'll have to put some young photo's in just so you can see the difference. We watched and old family home video the other day when he was just three. he was such a serious little guy. Reading train magazines. And my daughter what how cute she was, and just learning to walk. the time went by so very fast. But I'm grateful I was there at home with them everyday, I enjoyed every moment, and maybe I'm not some big executive and maybe the job I had before was very small. I made a difference and children's lives, and I'm still making a difference in my children's lives. I am sculpting the next generation. We need more people to give up a little so the next generation will be better, kinder, and more secure in who they are.



No comments:

Post a Comment