Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A quiet house


My husband and children are off to work and school. I am in a very quiet house. But I have found a bit of peace this day that I had been missing last week. Last week I did the bad thing, I looked back. In fact I think a lot of this summer I've been looking back. Last week was the worst though. I looked back and thought, I should be going to work today if I still had my job. I should be in the library doing the set up things, if I had my job. That was wrong. I can't look back, I can't go back, and I can't sit and cry over what is no longer. I need to focus on today, and tomorrow. One thing I've been doing if focusing on where I need to be going now. Where does God want me to be, what is the plan for the rest of my life. I've been slowly figuring that out, and I have felt great peace in finding out about what I'm supposed to be doing, rather than what I am no longer doing. I have a much better idea of the direction I want to go with in my life and now I need to work on getting there. One thing I want to do is to go into the city once a month and go to our churches temple. My husband will now have one day a week off, and I think we should go once a month. He thinks once a season, so I'm really going to have to work on him. I've been told what I need to do, and now I need to get him to see it. The best thing is I feel great peace in all that is happening.
Yesterday my husband had the day off, and it was so wonderful to spend the afternoon together with out the children. This is one blessing of his new job. My husband also went to get the new exhaust system for my car, and while talking to the sales person he found they had a lot in common and the man gave him 20% off the price of the system. So instead of having to pay almost $900.00 we only had to pay $700.00. Another blessing. With so many blessings being seen, I know more will come. Oh we also have health insurance again. What a relief. I'll never make that mistake again.
Remember focus on the day and the future, don't look to the past and try to get back what is already gone, find the blessings of the moment you are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment