Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Library Assistant/Clerks Nightmare!








One day last week when I arrived at work my worst nightmare as a Library Assistant was realized. The children had attacked the bookshelves. They had pushed the books back, they had put books where they don't belong, and they had left the bookshelves an utter mess! This is the nightmare of all Library Assistants. We love order, we love neatness, we want to see books in their proper place, neatly pulled to the front of the shelves. When they are in disorder we feel like screaming. Something that you definitely should not do in a library. So what did I do? I of course went about, putting the books away and making all the shelves neat and tidy. The unfortunate thing is that soon this problem would happen again, as children just can't resist the urge to push books back, and they are not too good at cleaning up after themselves.


I have to admit that when I visit a public library I have a very strong urge to neaten the shelves. I work very hard to resist this. But sometimes I just have to neaten the shelves as I look for books.

Do you have a anything that you just have to keep looking one way despite the fact that others constantly try to make a mess of it?



All neat and tidy! Doesn't it look so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment