Saturday, April 24, 2010

My family survived TV turn off week!

On Monday we took part in TV turn off week. Yes that is right we stopped watching TV (actually the only thing we watch on TV are movies that we have bought or rented we do not have cable), playing Video games, computer games, and just took a break from electronics. It was nice to not have to do the continually nagging of the my children to get off of the games and do something that actually takes some use of your brain. I had gotten a bag of books from the library hoping to get some reading in but with all the activities we had planed I might have read a total of 12 pages of one of the books. I had also bought the Happiness Project book in hopes of reading more an being able to highlight my favorite parts, but I only got to read a few pages. One interesting fact I found out about TV turn off week is that it happens the same week as Earth day. And isn't that smart, we used less energy this week having every electronic turned off. I did get to read a ton of children's easy fiction books which I hope I get to start doing reviews on soon. As that is part of my reason for blogging, is to share my love of reading. Since right now I work in a children's library I will show case some of my favorite books and authors. I'm also on a journey to read books about cats or with cat characters. So that will be coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim,
    I wanted to loan you my copy of The Abandoned by Paul Galico, but I can't find it! Anyway, if you can find it at the library, I'd love to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete