Monday, August 19, 2019

Garden Walk Week 20. Walking with a new friend is always a pleasant surpise.

I love the colors of this flower.  It makes me think of fall, and 
the fact that I am not ready for fall.  It's  right around the corner though.
One child is already at school, the other starts next week.

I love August mornings they are so cool and crisp.








One of the flowers that I took photos from different angles.
Black Eyed Susan's were a hit this year at the gardens.



I met up with a person that I met last year today.
We walked the gardens together and I really thought because of this
that I would have less photos to share.  But 
I still managed to take quiet a few photos.  




It was nice to catch up and chat about life.

The Humming birds love this flower.



This spot in the garden is filled with little flowers that the humming birds love.



I like the focus of the purple flower with all the yellow flowers
in the background.






I think this is a pinwheel zinnia.



I like the big white flower surrounded by the purple flowers.






Zinnia's last a long time.



Look at all the texture of this thistle plant.


I'm not sure what this flower is but it just looks cool.



It seems like the lilies have been blooming all summer.
We had such a weird summer.  It was much cooler and there was rain 
almost every week.  It was nice.  The gardens did well with this.




My friend and I found a lot of the dinosaurs that are hidden in the 
garden.  I have to say I haven't really been trying to find them this year.
I think it's the constantly looking up that is a bit too much for me.

This plants flowers smell like buttered popcorn.


Last week I posted a photo of a humming bird that just kept flying around me.
Little did I know that I had been standing near it's nest.  Can you see the baby humming bird beak sticking up.
I am getting ready to start putting together some photography books.
I think one of them is going to be filled with quotes about gratitude. 
If there is one thing I am getting right in this world it's being thankful. 

" Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul."  Henry Ward Beecher.
Have a wonderful week.  I can't wait to get to the gardens this week.  
not sure when I will get there, but I will get there.  
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment