Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Garden Walk Week 19. Flowers Make Me Happy

I joined instagram a few months back. 
You post a photo and then do this hash tag thing.
One of the ones I see often is # flowersmakemehappy.

It's good for you to be out in nature, to 
stop and look at the flowers. It helps you
to remain mentally healthy.

It's August and that makes me think about my college years.
I wonder how my parents felt as I packed up and left every year.
As a young adult I never thought how they felt as their children
grew more independent and left for college.

My daughter is all packed up and ready to leave
for her second year of college.  She is excited and
nervous and I think that is causing me to be a bit out of sorts.

Our son will be commuting this year and then 
he hopes next year to move out and live on campus too.

This spot is the humming birds favorite spot, I counted
five birds while walking by. 
Did you know a group of humming birds is called a "Charm"?





As much as I have loved summer, I'm a bit worn out.
I am hoping fall brings a less crazy pace to it.
With my children in school there will be 
less running around.  






This is a beautiful Lilly.




I hope to get back to working on family history.
I've taken a long break and feel its time to
get back to searching for my ancestors. 
I also look forward to looking 
through all my photos and making some photography books.






I've collected more new flowers. It will be fun to look 
them up and learn about them.



This was my focus flower.  Just taking
photos from all different angels.




Here is a quote for the week :  Those who contemplate
the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.
-Rachel Carson.
I think I need some of the strength this life has a way of beating people up.
How has your week been?
Do you have a favorite garden you like to walk?
I like instagram because I can see gardens from around the world. 
Just little snapshots into peoples lives.  What about you?
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment