Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My Garden in Spring.....favorites plants starting to regrow after a winter nap....and space for new adventures in growing plants...

While my family in Vermont is still looking at snow, I am gardening.... I just planted some carnations..I'm trying to put more plants in the garden this year that I know will survive.  Carnations are one of my favorite flowers anyways.
a new plant I'm trying the Surdaisy.... It is supposed to bloom from March to October.....
Baby California Poppy plants...
the blanket flower plant is starting to grow from the bottom of the old plant.  That was a hard lesson I learned one year....don't cut the bottom of the Mum's and Blanket flower plants, the plant regrows from the bottom in the spring...
Mr. Frog in front of the Pink Lily plants, I've put Black Eyed Susan Vine seeds behind him and I'm trying to start some from seed in the house too..

The carnations from last year survived (top photo) and my coneflower (Echinacea) are also coming back.
The Ice plant is looking healthy and spreading out over the edge of the garden....this will annoy my husband...perhaps my son will mow the lawn this year and I won't hear about the plants invading the lawn space...

The Mum's are happy and growing well, and the Day lilies are still in the garden but contained to the back..when we bought the house, the Day Lilies were all through the garden and other than blooming for one day are just a pain!  Well that's my opinion anyways....
The Columbine plant is almost ready to bloom, I hope it is the light purple colored one and not the dark red colored flower.  I like the light purple much better.
There is lots of space for planting seeds this spring...A nice clean garden bed...I'm so excited!
Mr. Lizard keeping watch for seedlings...
The Periwinkle (Vinca Minor) plant is spreading in the back yard garden.  Periwinkle is for fond remembrance....I'm so glad it has survived and is already blooming.
The Hen's and Chickens are doing well too.... It was nice to spend the day in my garden...I love spring in the garden, there are favorite plants starting to grow and space for new plants to try...I'm off to read "Garden Spells"  and then "The Meaning of Flowers"  My two favorite garden novels.....
Happy Spring!
G.G.











No comments:

Post a Comment