Thursday, March 5, 2015

#Throw Back Thursday...We Decided to Adopt...A Rescue cat....

Six years ago are daughter wanted a pet cat.... And we decided to adopt a cat from a rescue program.  When we went to look at cat's we fell in love with a little grey kitten.  Only to go and find out she had already been adopted.  The next weekend we went again and met a cat the rescue group thought would be a good fit for us.
Her name was Amber.  She had been found on the streets alone and pregnant.  Her 4 kittens had recently been adopted and now she was waiting for a forever home.  What I loved about Amber was the rescue workers could do anything to her and she did not get upset.  I thought she will be a good first pet for my children.  And So we took Amber home.
She has become the center of our families attention.   
We bought her this cat tree which she loved.  She would sit and watch the birds outside. What a spoiled cat!
She is a great hunter, and loves bags.

She finds the weirdest places to sleep.  I sometimes wish I could be like a cat and just lay on a pile of stuff and find it comfortable enough to sleep.
Here she is surrounded by all the stuffed animal cats we collected before having a real cat.
We all love to have our furry friend curl up and take a nap with us.
She is always willing to play with the kids.  She loved my sons Lego collection, though I'm not sure he loved her trying to chew on them.


She always seems to be in a place that might not be where we want her....I think this brief case is a purr-fect bed dad!


Flying from New Jersey to Utah with her was very interesting. I was glad we could have her right in the plane with us.  I'm so glad we adopted a rescue cat.  She has brought a lot of love to us.  She is always around me when I'm home, and she seems to know when I need her quiet companionship.  She is also a good alarm clock...well except for this morning, usually at 6:30 she wakes me up.  We can't afford to adopt another pet, but one thing I do to help shelter pets is to go to FREE KIBBLE CAT every day and answer their trivia questions.  It is a small thing, but it gives kibble to dogs and cats waiting for their forever homes.  Perhaps you will go and do the same.
Have a great Thursday!
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment