Wednesday, February 4, 2015

# Throw Back Thursday....My Garden...Where it all began in New Jersey......

I have been sorting through all my flower photo's the past few weeks and thought about where my love of gardening and flower photography began.  At our house in New Jersey in a very small box garden.  I enjoyed planting things and seeing what would grow.
I enjoyed taking photo's of what grew and making scrap book pages.  I grew giant Sun Flowers which I was told were Marigolds, I left Pumpkins in and ended up with a giant pumpkin plant that grew out of the box and across the lawn.  One year I grew watermelon.  I told my neighbors I knew nothing about gardening.  And every year had great success...They all said I had a green thumb. 
It was fun watching my children as they explored the flowers in the garden.


It was really hard to leave that garden behind....I put so many years of experimenting into it.... Now I barely have time to garden....But perhaps this summer I'll get a little more time to play with seeds, and plants.. and take some photo's too...And if I can't garden then I'll at least visit gardens....
Happy Thursday.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment