Thursday, January 29, 2015

# Throw back Thursday....Remembering My Library Job.....

It has been 5 years now since I learned I was Losing My Job in New Jersey.... My beloved Library Assistant Job.  I have been thinking about the Library this week.  I loved making bulletin boards.  I actually make bulletin boards for my job now, but it is more to motivate the team to reach their goals.
I had a desk, where I kept a fun stuffed animal for the kids to see...He got dressed for the seasons and holidays.  I also made book marks for the kids.  I have a desk at my new job, but I try my best to keep it very clean....Sometimes I think it a little sterile.....
The Library was about order, everything had it's place and always went back to that place.... You learn the Dewey Decimal system and you are set......My new job, everything is about change....Every week something is being moved, I can't keep up with it and have a hard time putting things away....I liked the order of the library...
At the Library I fixed books, and Magazines, with tape, and glue and rubber bands....At the store I fix computers with a tool kit...I liked fixing books, so they could be read again and again...I also like fixing computers....I liked helping students find the perfect book, and often times took books home to read...I also liked to sit and listen to the story times.... I sat a lot at the Library...I walk a lot at my new job...
Here are a few of the book marks I made.  The kids loved them.
I also helped with the different craft projects.  The Library was quiet and stress free.... and I think at some point I'd have gotten bored.... Perhaps I left at just the right time, where I still loved it...but knew that at some point I'd need a challenge..... It was a perfect first job after being a stay at home mom though.  And perhaps someday I'll be able to work at a library again...or a book store....or maybe a Family History company...Who knows...Right now I'm happy where I am and grateful for a job...
Happy Thursday to you!
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment