Wednesday, January 21, 2015

# Throw Back Thursday....Remembering walks at Dukes Park in Somerset New Jersey

I've been going through my photo's on my computer and organizing them and came across all the photo's I took while taking walks with my family at Dukes Park.  If you are ever in Somerset County New Jersey this is a park to visit.
Dukes park has lots of trails that you can walk on or bike on.  We loved to go early in the morning and walk around and see all the wild life and plants.  We spent many summer mornings walking down this path...
watching squirrels..


Feeding fish and turtles.  I loved to see the real big turtles.  This one is having a nice time sunbathing.
My husband and children liked to find snakes...I'm surprised that I even have a photo of one, as I would much rather run from something like this.
We took time to learn about the plants that grew in the park.  We passed off many a scout activity out at Dukes park.
I loved all the wild life you could see at this park, and the fact that this bird also ate snakes!  I have a photo of one with a snake wrapped around it's bill.

You never knew what would be around the next bend in the path.  Every walk had special memories.
When we took these walks my daughter read a lot of "Warrior Cat" books so when we saw this cat out in the woods we thought he was probably a "Warrior Cat".  My daughter had so much fun thinking about what this cat's life in the woods was like...All the adventures he had...
We look forward to walking these paths again this summer. 

I enjoyed looking at these photos.  Hope you did too.
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment