Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Some Days I Miss Being A Stay At Home Mom.......

Part of my Stay-Cation is cleaning my office.  As I clean I stop and look through my scrapbooks.  Most of them are from when my children were little.  It was one of those "Stay At Home Mom"  things to do.  Back then all the "At Home" Mom's would get together and scrapbook, talk and watch the children play.  Today as I looked through them I thought of how blessed I was to stay home with my children when they were young.
It was a choice I made quiet happily.  I loved staying home with my children.  Life was slow, and lazy.  There was library time, meal times, nap time ( that was a favorite), special TV show time.  There was play group, and for awhile speed walking in the mall.  I think the only thing I really missed was adult conversation.  As most of my time was spent with just me and my two kids. I probably drove my husband crazy when he came home because I just needed to talk to someone on an adult level.
It was nice to be the one who taught my children about the world.  I taught them how to read, and write.  We went on nature walks, and spent lazy summer days at the pool, and on weekends we spent our evenings at the beach.  And when sickness hit the house we all just snuggled up together and got better.  There was no worry about work schedules, babysitters etc... We lived in our own little bubble of a world and really it was wonderful.
We also could just go away on vacation with out really having to worry about being back.  It was nice to share two different worlds with my children.  The crazy New Jersey town and beach life, and the quiet mountain life of Vermont.  I would not change anything from those years,
 they were wonderful. 
Now my children are teens, and they need to learn to be independent, and I can't stand the empty house all day.  So as much as I miss those slow days, I'm glad for my busy work world, because staying at home with the children out of the house is not fun. Well except for vacation because everyone needs time off.  And the quiet today was just wonderful!

G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment