Thursday, September 4, 2014

# Throw Back Thursday......Thinking about my home in New Jersey......

This week I've been thinking about my home in New Jersey.  Not quiet missing it, but thinking of the things I liked and didn't like.  I liked all the sun that came in,  I love to sit in the sun.  I didn't like living right next to someone else though.  My father in law warned us about buying a duplex, but it was what we could afford.  I have to say I love the peace of my new house and not living so close to people that you can talk to them while in the bathroom.
I liked our big bedroom, and the color it was painted, it was beautiful in the morning sun. I didn't like the plaster walls.  It cost a lot to fix those walls, and ceilings.  I didn't realize what a fixer upper we had bought.  I wish I had  a Realtor like we had out here back then.  I would probably never have bought that house if I knew how much needed fixing and knew how fixated my husband would be on making it look period correct.  We were talking just this week about how nice it is to have a house that doesn't need major fixing.
I loved the kitchen that my husband built with the help of a lot of different friends.  I hope someday to get the same colors in my new kitchen.  But if it never happens that will be OK.  My upstairs living room in the new house has a great color scheme and I can just feel so comfortable and relaxed in it.
I love the family memories.  Watching my children grow, getting our furry friend.  We have wonderful memories of living in that house.  We also have a lot of crazy duplex stories.  I've been thinking of writing about life in a duplex.  Because life can be different when you have no control over who lives right next door.  And that is why I'm so glad to have my new house and a fence around the yard. 
But here is to the wonderful crazy duplex years!
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment