Friday, September 26, 2014

My Retail Reality: A Snow Storm in July, A blizzard in August.........

My first job working in retail was working for the local grocery store in Vermont.  I started bagging peoples groceries and worked my way up to cashier and working in the little office by the registers.  I remember that every now and then I would dream about bagging peoples groceries.  Then when I woke up in the morning all my blankets would be piled up.
My second retail job was working for a bank.  Yes banks are considered a retail job, everything in a bank is something they are selling to you.  People often say " I don't feel like they are selling products to me... well they are believe me they don't ask all the questions about your life just because they care about you... they want to figure out how they can get you to open a loan, or get a car loan through them... It is all sales!  My dreams after work for banking were always quiet crazy too.  I was always chasing down a bank robber.  I don't know why as I never felt I worried about the bank being robbed, but I had really good karate skills in my dreams, and always caught the bad guy.
My most recent dreams related to retail work have been about snow storms.  I'm part of the closing crew of a store and I look out and the snow is coming down.  I look out again and the doors are covered with snow.  Then I'm shoving the inside of the store so that the customers can still shop.  I'm not sure why  I'm dreaming of snow storms and blizzards.  Perhaps I have felt a little overwhelmed with the work load, or I'm worried that a storm will come this winter and I won't be able to drive home.  I've never been good at interpreting dreams, but I find it interesting how sometimes work ends up in my dreams. There are still nights where I dream I'm back at my first grocery store job, bagging groceries....... Life was so much less complicated back then....
I sometimes wonder if I had become a Veterinarian or Vet Tech. would I have dreams about operating on animals?
G.G.
Do you dream about your work?



No comments:

Post a Comment