Saturday, November 2, 2013

Don't let November be the only month that you find time to show gratitude.

If you Facebook....(who doesn't?  oh yeah my dad doesn't, well he does because he looks on my moms page but don't tell him that.)  You probably have noticed that many of your friends are doing daily post about things they are grateful for.  My thought to you is to not let November be the only month that you focus on gratitude.  Be grateful every day of the year.  November is a great time to start, but keep it up all year long.  There are so many blessings that come to a person who finds things to be grateful for every day.  So I'm one day behind but here is a list from this week.
1. I'm thankful for my children and all they have taught me this week.  My son stayed home and gave out candy to the neighborhood kids.  He talked about how much fun it was to give things away, what a good feeling that gave him.  He also was very concerned that children got a treat that they would like and that we had to be careful not to give out anything with peanut butter as he would not want to cause anyone to have an allergic reaction to their Halloween candy.  My daughter did a little trick or treating and was kind and shared with her brother.
2. I'm grateful for all the fall colors.  I love all the orange and red colors that surround me.
3. I'm thankful for good news from the doctors.  I was also glad to be able to do a survey for the doctors office and give them all exceeds expectations. I know how important it is to tell people they are doing a good job.
4. I'm grateful for a good night sleep.  The past couple of weeks have been stressful and so being able to sleep is great.
5.I'm grateful for people who find a cause and write books about it, and blogs too.  I have been reading a lot about what is going on with my body lately and I love the ability to be able to go to the library and take a book out and read on the subjects.  Soon my Tuesday post will be about my health issues.  I was surprised that no one has blogged on this issue yet.
6. I'm grateful for quiet.  I get to spend many of my mornings in quiet solitude.  That is probably going to change as I've applied for a supervisor position at my work and if I get it I will not work all night shifts. But the benefit of that is wonderful.  When everyone comes home and radio's blast and my son begins skyping with his friends and you can hear him in every corner of the house, I really realize just how nice a quiet morning is.
7. I'm Thankful for books on how to save money and live on a budget.  I'm determined to figure it all out and be debt free again.  It is one of life's struggles.
8.I'm grateful for my husband who is very talented and helped my daughter with her science project because I have no talent with building things.
9. I'm thankful for legs that don't ache after standing on them for 8 plus hours.
10.  I'm grateful for bee's.  I love watching them work in my garden.  I hope to plant more bee friendly flowers next year.
I have one of the most beautiful views from my back porch.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Related sites:
Count your blessings instead of sheep
Proof positive count your blessings
Have a great weekend. G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment