Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I don't know about you, but I'm NOT feeling 22........

Taylor Swift, wearing a strapless dress, looks directly at the camera. Her hair is tied back, with a few curly tendrils loose
I have to say that I really like Taylor Swifts songs.  What I like is that her songs tell of experiences that young girls and young women deal with.  The first song that I want to talk about is her song "15".  I like this song and the video because I can see how many young girls can connect with it.  Even at my age of almost 42 I can remember back to my high school days and think about how true the words of her song are.  We all know what it is like to be young and have a first love and all the pressures that go with that.
Here is a link to her song "15"
Another song that I really like is " I knew you were trouble".  Haven't we all met a guy in our lives that we were interested in and yet something in you said this is exciting but most likely not going to be good for me.  And when you finally get out of the relationship you have totally been changed. And haven't there always been men like this.  When I do family history I find many of these trouble makers.
I also really like her song "We are never getting back together."  Don't all women have that one guy that they are just done with and have to figure out a way to get it through to them that it's over.

The song I've really been thinking about lately though is "22".  I'm not 22 any more, and in looking back I realize what a wonderful time in life that was, I was young, I felt good, and I didn't have the burdens of adulthood and family life to deal with.  I felt like the world was great and that every thing would be alright.  Her lyrics are " I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22."  Many times I'll say to friends or coworkers " I don't know about you but I'm not feeling 22."
I don't feel young, and I'm heading into midlife and great changes. These changes happen to most women starting between the ages of 35 and 40 and going until they reach 50 or older.  They are not fun, and it doesn't seem as if many women have the support of others as they go through these changes.  So I'm hoping that every Tuesday I can begin to blog about the health issues that women in their late thirties and through their forties deal with. Because I think there are many women out there who are like me not feeling 22 and needing to have more information about the changes that occur at mid-life.  So look for my post next week as I begin to discuss life at "Almost 42."  I hope Taylor Swift has a good career and is still singing songs when she is 42, I'd like to see what type of song she would write when she has her mid life crisis.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment