Thursday, September 26, 2013

Butterflies In My Garden......

I have been going through  my hundreds of photo's to organize and prepare them to be printed and made into cards and framed for the new house.  I found all these photo's of butterflies. It is not easy to get a good photo of Butterflies, it takes a lot of time waiting quietly for the butterfly to settle down on the flower and not have it fly away.
I like to get them with their wings open so you can see all the patterns on their wings.  I took this photo up in Maine one summer.
This is another one from Maine.  It is on one of my favorite wild flowers the "Indian Paint Brush"  at least that is what we call them in Vermont.
Here is the Monarch Butterfly that I chased for three days.  It loved my Mum plants.  I have not seen many Butterflies in Utah yet.  I hope to see some.  I'm going to start doing some research to see what Butterflies might live in the area.
A perfect photo in my opinion.  I just finished reading a book that had a lot of reference to Butterflies.  "The Rose Garden"  By Susanna Kearsley.  I love her books as many take place in England and have to do with time travel, or past lives.  I love reading about places my ancestors came from and most came from England.
A favorite quote from the book is " The Butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." By Rabindranath Tagore.  Some of what I have been trying to do in my life lately is focus on the moment I'm in and not worry over the past or the future.  I am also studying gratitude and trying to find 10 new things to be thankful for each day.
May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
to bring you luck, happiness and riches
today, tomorrow and beyond
- Irish Blessing.
I hope you have enjoyed these Butterfly photos.  I have a few of them already framed and in my living room.  I love to look at them.

Related Sites:
Butterfly Quotes
Susanna Kearsley (I love her books hope she writes another one soon as right  now I'm reading all of the ones I have again.)
The Rose Garden
Invitation to the Butterfly Ball ( this a a beautiful children's book by Jane Yolen. That I always think of when I see a butter fly.  I read it as a child and loved it.)
I spy a butterfly (interesting website if you have young kids)
Butterflies and moths of North America(Great website to learn about Butterflies)

- If nothing changed, there would be no butterflies.(Unknown author.)

G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment