Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DNA Test Two.... His Genetic Ethnicity is more interesting than mine !

Here is the Ancestry.com DNA test 2...  I finally got time to have my husband sit down and give his spit!
Do you think he looks excited?  Well he really wasn't that enthused to do this for me, but he did.
Kitty wanted to help.  You know you can spend $200.00 and have your Cat's DNA analysed too.  Hummm.... No I don't think I'll be doing that.
I have to do what?  Spit in this tube.... Yuck!
Look, I did it.  Hope you are happy.
So we found out that my husbands genetic ethnicity is 
49% Eastern European
36% British Isles
9% Scandinavian
6% Finnish/ Volga-Ural.
The Finnish/Volga-Ural is parts of Western Russia.
So much more interesting than me.  As Ancestry.com continues to update their DNA website they add new and interesting information.  They have a map that they put little pin points on for where all your ancestors were born.  I've been enjoying finding more information.
I would like to learn more and feel like I could say "Yes, I'm a Genealogist, but really with all I do I don't have the time, and I don't have the money to pay for classes.  I am so busy with the families I'm working on that I feel content at this time to just be a good researcher.  I find about 10 new names everyday.    I'm hoping to teach my daughter and hope that she catches the family history bug, perhaps she could become the next great genealogist.  I could learn with her when she goes to college.
Well I've almost gone a month without buying any clothing or items for myself.  It is so tempting as the new spring clothes are in the store and they are so cute.  But I am determined to pay down my credit cards and be debt free.  One card will be paid off next month, and then hopefully another in two months.  I'm using the snow ball approach of paying off the lowest balance first and then going to the next card and so on.  I am also paying a small payment every week to two of my cards which helps lower the amount of interest charged.  This for me is the year of really figuring out a better budget.  Perhaps as I go along I'll pass on some good tips.
All is well for our family.  I'm feeling more at home in our house.  I love all the sun light that comes in during the day. 
Enjoy your week.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment