Thursday, March 1, 2012

Draper Temple: My favorite Temple


Yesterday I went to the Draper Temple.  I love the peace I find within it's walls.  I thought to myself I want to do a blog about the Draper Temple.   So I spent some time looking up information about it and found some beautiful quotes.
" One thing have I desired of the Lord...
that I may dwell in the HOUSE OF THE LORD
all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the Lord,
and to enquire in his Temple.
Psalms 27:4

" You are never lost when you can see the Temple. The Temple will provide direction for you and your family in a world filled with chaos. (and isn't that so with our world right now?) It is an eternal guidepost which will help you from getting lost in the 'mist of darkness.'
Gary E. Stevenson
" The Temple is concerned with things of immortality.  It is a bridge between this life and the next.  All of the ordinances that take place in The House Of The Lord are expressions of our belief in the immortality of the human soul.
Gordon B. Hinckley
 I especially needed that quote today.  My Grandfather passed to the other side of the veil yesterday.  I was at the Temple when this happened.  I was there praying for him.   The Temple is such a sacred place I can not share the things done inside but there was a connection of my grandfathers passing and my temple experience.  Kept in my heart.  I will later on make a blog on my Grandfather.  I need to gather photo's and think of memories. To celebrate his earth life.  But I am so lucky to know with out a doubt that he is now in a new phase of his eternal life.  His spirit lives on, he still exists.  What comfort the Temple gives to those who have lost a loved one. 
Here is a link to a movie on The Blessings of the Temple.  I love it even more because all the photo's you see are of the Draper Temple.  I love the rooms in the Temple with the mountain scenes.  I know now that they are of the surrounding area, but I often feel as if I'm back in Vermont, on top of the mountain I lived on.  There is symbolism in this.  I'm learning that there is symbolism in everything.
I hope that you enjoyed this little blog on the Draper Temple.  I love it.  Though I haven't been to the Salt Lake Temple yet, and so I could find I like that one better.  But I love that it is smaller and I love all the art work. But most of all I love the connection that I get to God and our Savior Jesus Christ.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment