Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Our Artist.





Last week the kids raided my poster board supply and each tried to draw a pokemon character. This is the poster my son made of Mew Two. The girls were not as successful and wanted him to draw them pictures also. I'm amazed at how well my son does with drawing. He did this free hand. He also plays the violin and I have to say I love hearing him play.















MewTwo.








Cookies: Have you ever made cookies and they come out all flat and hard? I found the way to make them so they come out as a circle and also nice and thick. Instead of cooking them on a flat baking sheet cook them in a muffin tin. I read this somewhere in a magazine. I tried it today and it worked! Round, thick and yummy cookies.
My new book : The Wildwater Walking Club by Claire Cook. I just started this new book, and get this the main character has lost their job and as a way to get back on track in life starts walking with a pedometer. I have for the last couple of months been counting my steps. Last week I had a low of 917 steps. (My goal for the week is 5000 which is not high as you need to be at 10,000 to be considered active and actually have it help you lose weight.) Yesterday I did make 10,000 and today I'm over 5000 steps. So I think I will have fun reading the book. The character in the book had one day where she only walked 17 steps. If you are at all into pedometers you know that is not very good at all. She must have gotten up had breakfast and gotten back into bed. I will let you know if it is a good book to read soon. So far it seems good.
Unemployment: Yesterday my husband went to a friends auto shop to ask if he could help him learn the new computer programs needed to be a top mechanic. Another shop owner was there and his friend told that person he should hire my husband as he is a sober, hard worker. I guess the other person is having employee problems. Tomorrow he goes to the reemployment services to be signed up for reemployment help, get a counselor, and begin to look at what type of career training he could get.
I have started to look at different job options. I'm going to start down loading applications for some retail stores to fill out. I might also see if I can get applications for the 24 hour vet offices and try to get a job as a evening receptionist. I feel I need to really start putting applications out there as soon as possible. This way my husband can watch the kids while I go for interviews. I may also go to the reemployment office and try to get help with my resume and see if there are any classes I could take to help me. I'd like to learn bookkeeping and accounting and also Spanish. So that is where we are, slowly moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment