Friday, July 9, 2010

2 hours of peace.

This morning I got up at 6:00am and spent two hours working in my gardens. I watered, weeded, fertilized and planted some baby plants. It felt like I had been out only a short while so I was amazed to find out that I was actually out for two hours. It was so peaceful. Here is a photo of my pepper plant. I'm so happy that I have some peppers growing. This is the first year that I have tried to grow peppers. My daughter bought them for me as a mothers day gift. My front porch is covered with potted plants. I have cat nip, peppers, cat grass, strawberries,morning glories, and tomato plants.






Here is a photo of my favorite garden shoes. They are called "Sloggers" I bought them at Target two years ago and they are the best garden shoes I've had. My feet never get wet, and they never feel hot and sticky!
Here is another photo of the shoes.
So we are on Day 3 of two people being unemployed in our house. Last night I filed for unemployment. I can't say I'll be getting much money, but anything is better than nothing. I filed online, and then my husband went to file and couldn't because we share an e-mail address. I don't understand why the world thinks every person should have their own e-mail address. I have nothing to hide from my husband, so why should we have separate e-mails.
Anyway today my husband went to unemployment service to apply, and guess what there is a problem. They have no record of him working for the last year. So, thankfully, being afraid of "identity Theft" I have kept all the pay stubs in my attic. I've been going up and sorting through to find all the stubs he needs to prove he did work for the last year. Ugh. I just hope everything works out before the end of the month! We will be OK for awhile, but not if everything doesn't kick in by the next month.
On a good note, my husband does have an interview with a shop on Monday at 9:00am. We will keep our fingers crossed. As I have studied the ways of interviewing, he has a good time at least. As you don't want an afternoon interview or so all the job hunting advice people say. I'm now getting ready to make dinner and relax. I truly believe a blessing will come at the end of this whole mess. I have faith that we will make it through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment