Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A BOOK YOU NEED TO READ IF YOU ARE UNEMPLOYED!

I have been reading a great book, for me at least. The book is "The Wild Water Walking Club" By Claire Cook. I really love this book, because it takes you through some of the stages that you go through as you are unemployed. The stage of not wanting to get out of bed, the stage of wondering who you are once your title has been taken from you, and what it is like to go to a unemployment help center and visit with other people who are going through the same issues as you are. I haven't finished the book yet but I'm hoping for a good ending.
The book also has a lot about walking and setting walking goals, and using a pedometer. This is something I've been trying to do since spring. Unfortunately my pedometer has died. I bought for cheap so what can you expect. I have decided I will buy myself a new one, that can also track how many steps I've taken for the week and month.
The book also has gardening in it. I'm so going to plant lavender in my garden next year. This book is just so close to home I'm glad I bought it as I know it is one I could definitely read again!
Unemployment world report: We are still waiting for it all to fall into place. As you go about and talk to people you find that others are right where you are, so you don't feel so bad. You keep your chin up, and you enjoy the day you are in. It has been nice to have my husband home. It almost feels like we are on a mini vacation. I'm actually planing things we could do together in September if no permanent jobs turn up. One thing would be to walk some of the cemeteries that his ancestors are buried in. I still have some gaps in our family history. Maybe we'd take a trip into the city together too.
One thing I've heard people say about the bad economy is that they are having more family time. Might as well make the most of it while we can, as once we have jobs it will be hectic again.
Well if you like walking and have employment issues check out the book "The Wild Water Walking club." It will make you smile. Oh if you have wild teen issues it covers that too...

No comments:

Post a Comment