Saturday, July 10, 2010

How fast do Morning Glory vines grow?


Here is a photo of the top of my daughters Morning Glory plant. Her teacher gave her a pack of Morning Glory seeds. I told her I would not plant them in the garden, but we could plant them in a pot on the porch. As I've watched the plant grow I'm amazed at just how fast it climbs up the side of our porch. The tape is where I marked the plant the night before. The plants top was at the bottom of the tape, and the next morning it was two to three inches higher. This is just one vine of the plant. I am looking forward to seeing it take over. I do not like the plant in my garden for the exact same reason. It takes over very, very fast. Once it blooms I plan on taking some photo's and sending a card to my daughters teacher I think she will like to see it.
I finished my book "One Day At a Time" By Danielle Steele. It was a nice easy read. One interesting thing about the book was that the main character talks about feeling like she is Cinderella. After all the stories I read this year about Cinderella, I found it very fun to randomly pick a book and have the character feel like she was Cinderella. Cinderella is my favorite Fairy tale character! I also connected to the main character because she likes to live a very simple life. She is a dog walker, and lives in a cottage on the beach. While her family members are all high achievers. I'm very much into living a simple life. In fact I'm so glad to have a small house, and look forward to finding a fun job soon. I'm not the type of person who wants to be the leader, I'd much rather be a supporter, helper, assistant. Although I do like to do things on my own, and I have to have organization, and I don't like to not have a schedule. I could definitely see myself and my husband some day moving to a small little house near the ocean. We all have to have dreams right!
I started a new book " I Remember You." By Harriet Evans. I've never read any books by this author so I'm excited to read this book. I think I choose it because it is about two people who grew up together, then parted when they went to college and then meet again... I'm thinking they fall in love ... I guess the whole reunion coming up is making me nostalgic.... Although I have to say none of the boys I dated could ever come close to being as good a person or friend as my husband is. I realize now how superficial my teen life was, and how little I really got to know the boys I had dated. I hope I can teach my children to be wiser.
I do hope that my husband and I can go to my reunion though. Some of the people I grew up with will be there and it will be fun to see them and find out what their lives have turned out to be like. I have to say that I don't remember much of my young years, my husband has all these memories and everything is very foggy for me. I remember big things, but day to day things are just lost. Well it has been twenty years maybe that's normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment