Monday, March 22, 2010

A Happiness Project

I'm reading the book The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I kept seeing this book advertised in magazines and I could not resist taking a look at it. I'm always looking for ways to become happier. What I found was although I have not researched as much as she has, I have been on my on Happiness journey. This blog is actually a part of it. I am blogging about how I'm determined to stay happy despite the fact that I'm losing my job. But I have found that I'm also doing other things to cause happiness. I'm exercising daily. She notes that the repetitive motion of walking is good for you. My daily exercise is walking with weights. I am also trying to clear my house of clutter. Another Happiness booster. And I'm a big organizer. She says organizing causes calmness. I can say I believe that. I now feel I want to make a list of all my projects and start crossing them off as I finish them. As I read more of this book I will continue to make my own happiness project. It is a great idea!

Here is a tip for anyone looking to find a new job. Go to an employment center. I actually think that they are free through your state unemployment office. They will help you build a resume, practice for interviews. They will help you look at your skills and what jobs you may fit into that you might not have thought of and they also work with Job placement services. I've learned this information from Jobs.aol.com an article titled Employment Center Math: Resume Tips + Mock interviews=job leads. By Christine Rochelle. Any thing is worth a try in this economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment