Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Be Still, My Soul

In all trials I have had, I have always found a song to help me through my trial. My song that I listen to everyday is "Be Still, My Soul" As I listen I try hard to keep in mind that the Lord is there with me, and to rely on him. Here is part of the song: " Be Still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear Patiently the cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide; In every change, He faithful will remain. Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heavenly Friend through thorny ways leads to a joyful end. In the midst of losing my job I have hope there will be some better job to come.
I have found that I was the first of many to lose their job. There is a very disheartening feeling going through our schools right now. Teachers who love to teach are being let go, janitors who have served for years are being let go, assistants who have worked for years are losing their jobs. Those who have not been taken into the principals office fear they will be next. Our children are seeing teachers crying in their class rooms.
Here is a job search tip, always have your interview between 9am and 11am. The person interviewing you will be more attentive with you than if you had an interview in the afternoon.
I watched You've Got Mail last week. I knew all the children's books shown. I was amazed back then they didn't have cell phone's and no face book or twitter. I wonder what the movie would be like if made now? Would she be constantly checking her face book profile? I found another way I'm like her. Her boyfriend in the beginning does not like technology. My husband is just like that. But instead of listening to a typewriter he likes the roar of an old Chevy car.
I also have learned that a job is not a job anymore, it is a "gig" and you need to constantly be looking for the next "gig". So this "gig" was my transition "gig" where I learned I could work and my kids would not die without me. Now I can look for a new "gig" that will hopefully pay more and maybe have health benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment