Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Looking Forward to Spring and walking in Gardens. AKA... looking at old spring photos. April 6, 2021

Spring is here and I am so excited because the public gardens
are going to be open this year.

Last year in March the world started to shut down due to the pandemic.
I think we all thought that the two weeks of being shut down 
would somehow make life normal.
We shut down for two weeks, and then though in April
things will get better.

I was counting down to the Tulip Festival. 
I was counting down to days walking in beautiful gardens.

Then everything stayed closed.  
I don't think the gardens opened for limited amounts of people
until June or July.  

By that time facemask were mandatory when in public settings.
I work in a grocery store, so for 8 hours I wear a face mask when working.
On my days off I just did not want to go places where you had to wear a facemask.

So I didn't go to the gardens on a weekly basis like I had for the years before.
Instead we went to the bird preserve because birding is not popular.
We could walk around mask free and see no one.

This year the gardens open on April 9th.
I'm sure facemasks will be required, but I am ok with that.
I can't wait to see all the flowers.

For me a garden is a sacred place.
It's a place where I can have quiet and feel the Spirit.

I see God's hand in every flower.
The patterns, the colors, the beauty all point to a Devine Creator.

I'm exited for spring and seeing the rebirth of the world.
The birds are coming back to nest and have babies.
The flowers are emerging from the ground.

We are getting closer to an end of the Pandemic.
People are getting vaccinated. 
There is hope for things to become better.

I got a new app. on my phone that tells you 
the type of plant you have photographed.

I am slowly going through my photos and any flower
that I don't know I will be copying onto my phone
so I can find out what type of flower it is.

I have thousands of photos.  My other project I am working on
is putting together a Utah Bird book. 
I love these photos of this humming bird.

Are you looking forward to spring?

Do you have a favorite flower?

Do you like walking in gardens?


This is my favorite type of tulip.
I just like the green and pink color together.

I hope that you are all doing well.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my flower photography.

I can't wait to be out behind the camera again.

Have a wonderful week.
G.G.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment