Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Talk Cranky To Me.... A Covid state of mind..

We went for a walk at the lake and saw 30 Pelicans.
It was the first time since the Covid-19 pandemic that we
actually walked and talked about things other than the "Virus".

I've noticed though that many, many people are CRANKY.
My boss and I have noticed that most people have something to complain about.
She was coming back from giving the mail to the mail man and said he always 
talks "Cranky to Me."  I replied do you have a sign on you that says "Talk Cranky To Me?"

From that point on, I have enjoyed saying to her as another person talks about 
something they are unhappy about  "Talk Cranky To me."
Have you noticed it?  All around people are just a bit out of sorts.
It doesn't take much to all of a sudden be a bit annoyed.
The stress of everything is wearing everyone a little bit thin.

Some people are just leaving their houses for the first time in months,
some of us have been working in it the whole time.  
Wearing or not wearing a mask is an issue with everyone.
Some people think this is the government trying to control everyone.
I got an ear full one day about that.
Some people want to go back to work, and some people want to be at home.
But mostly all people are a little bit cranky. 

I actually have finally started to feel less cranky.
I'm not reading about the virus everyday. There has been a more
consistent pace at work.  We have actually had some nice days filled with
laughter.  Home is a sanctuary.  I have become more organized, and I give myself 
permission to do nothing when I'm feeling overwhelmed. 
I have read so many books the last few weeks,
watched my favorite shows and gone for some nice walks.
I have scheduled some vacation time in the next few months.
Hopefully we will get to do some day trips.
Have you felt like others are a bit on edge lately?
What things are you doing to keep from being cranky, and
upset about all the strange things going on in our world right now?
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment