Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Sometimes I Walk On The Grass... To get the perfect photo.

I'm not going to be walking the gardens as often this year,  when I 
get out of work I often feel exhausted.  Yesterday I did go
walking with my daughter and took a few photos.  
I love how some flowers are made of multiple tiny flowers. It's
just so interesting and beautiful to me.

I like this photo, I'm not sure if the flower is just opening or
if it's dying.

Another flower that is made of lots of little
flowers grouped together.

As we walked the gardens I told my daughter the
different names of the flowers.  I have find out what this flower is.
It was fun though to point out all the plants I know.


So in the gardens there are signs that say "Don't Walk on the Grass."
I have a little secret, every now and then I walk on the grass. 
Such the bad rule breaker right.  I only do it when there is 
something there that I just need to get a photo of. 

I needed to get a photo of this Quail.  
I wouldn't have had to go on the grass, if 
another person who was on a golf cart had 
not scared it away as I was about to take a photos.

So to get a good photo I had to  walk on the grass.   
But I'm really into birding this year and this adds nicely to my collection.

The Peonies are blooming.  They are so beautiful.

This is an Allium flower. All these little flowers to make a giant flower.


The Iris are also starting to bloom. 
It was so windy out that my daughter was kind enough to 
hold the flower still so I could get a good photo.

I love the color of this one.


I've said this dozens of times but
the fact that we have so many different 
colored and shaped flowers is just amazing.

The beauty of the world is so amazing and wonderful.
I'm so thankful for it all.

Here is the goose family.

I love the Clematis plant.  I've decided to work more
on my garden at home.  I bought one of these
plants to see if I can get it to grow at my house. 
One of my neighbors has a beautiful one in their yard.

I had to make sure that I showed Mr. James where I planted it.
Mr.James decided to do a bit of yard work last week, and
he chopped off the tops of a bunch of my newly growing 
Black Eyed Susan plants. 

I had shown him where he was not supposed to 
go in the yard and he did not listen.  He got 
a nasty text about his murderous ways.

He said he thought that the plants would have flowers on
them.  The man spends too much time under the hood of a car. 

This summer of spending time at home may prove 
to be tenuous for us.  We are such opposites.

I didn't have to walk in the grass to study this beautiful butterfly.

It was nice to watch it gather nectar from this
plant.  It looks as it's wings are a bit torn.

The yellow of the butterfly and blue/ purple
of the flower are just so beautiful.



I hope you are all doing well.  I hope you and your families are
staying healthy during this Covid -19 pandemic.  
We are all still well here.  I have not felt like anything has changed as 
much because I continue to work through this and my work
has actually been busier because of the pandemic. 
I'm thinking of taking a long weekend soon, because I just need
time away from face masks and gloves. 
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment