Thursday, November 14, 2019

Exploring Utah. The Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge.... Was hoping to see thousands of Swans...

We travelled to the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge,
I wanted to see the thousands of Tundra Swans.  
I should have known when the lady at the visitor center said to 
"look for ribbons of white", that I was not going to see them up close.
I got to see my favorite bird the Grebe.

When you are at the bird refuge there is a visitor center which has
a lot of interesting bird facts, and then 12 miles away is a 12 mile drive by the water where
you hope to see birds.


I have been told spring is a better time to visit.
So we will check back this spring.  We saw some birds
but not as many as I had hoped to see.

I'm not sure what kind of duck this is but it is beautiful.



It is nice to get out and be far away from the busy world and
just look at nature.

This is a Great Blue Heron.


I wanted to see the Tundra swans that were stopping
during their migration. 
They were too far way to see without binoculars.

Even with my zoom lens I can't get a good photo.
Maybe when spring comes I will finally get a good birdwatching/ Photography day.
At least now I know where to go.
Do you have a favorite place to visit and see wild life?
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment