Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Mom of a Missionary....E-mails from Mexico March 19,2018

Staying in the Purification zone!!!

Hello, Friends and family! It is I, Elder Bowlby, once again.

I'm going to be brief as I don't have too much to share (nor do I have any photos to pass on), but things are going very well for us. My companion (Elder Jensen) and I are staying together in our humble area of Purification. We are inviting people to baptism! And as our invitations fly, it seems that not very many people are willing or ready to come to church. Many times, I get frustrated, but I have to remember that people have agency, and we can't take that sort of thing away (no matter how much it would bless them).

The sun is starting to beat down on us. I might have to buy a sombrero to keep the sun from burning my poor, white-man's face (or just use a lot more sun-screen). 

I've been recieving a lot of messages from you all, and I'm glad to hear of your successes at home, work, and in the work of the Lord! Remember to pray in your families always, that your wives (or husbands) and your children may be blessed (please see 3 Nephi 18:21).

If any of you out there are having cold weather, please enjoy it for me. The fan that is currently blowing air towards me is only blowing more hot air... yikes!

-Elder Bowlby

It is hard on Monday's when you only get a short e-mail....This is all I have to hold on to from my son until next week.  But the weeks just fly by.  It seems to be always almost Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment