Monday, April 9, 2018

Mom of a Missionary February 26, 2018...His first birthday away from home!

My companions aren't helping me with my OCD...


yes, it is very clear to me, that I, Elder Bowlby have OCD.

Obsessive Collection Disorder! Can you believe it? Me, A collector! And my fellow missionaries aren't helping me. Just look at these birthday gifts!






Yu-gi-oh decks!








๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ I have some bad OCD alright.

How goes it, family and friends? Elder Bowlby here. It's been a long week of work here in Purificaciรณn, where we walk, and teach, and preach. We're encountering some very nice people to teach and we have the hopes of inviting them to church. My companion and I are making a very large effort to find and to teach.

We're working on saying more prayers to find people, and we're always looking for direction from the Holy Ghost when it comes to who we need to visit and where we should look. We're getting much better with that. We visited a less-active member yesterday and he said that our visit was the answer to his fast. We've also been able to get really lucky when it comes to finding our investigators a second time. Missionaries seem to have bad luck when it comes to planned citas, but when we hop in on surprise, they let us in! We've been really happy.

My birthday yesterday was great. All of the members wished me happy birthday, they bought donuts and cake and we ate really well. One of the members let me play their violin and so I felt even better to have the instrument in my hand. 

All in all, things are going well. Thank you for all of the birthday wishes and thank you for keeping me in your prayers. I want to make the Lord proud, and I also want you at home and in the field to be happy. Always remember that faith in Jesus Christ is faith in his love! He loves you infinitely. It's a lot more than you might be able to imagine, but when we have faith in Him, we have faith in His love for us.

Stay strong! I miss you all.



Here's to being 20 years old!)

-Elder Bowlby

I have to say it was hard to  not be able to call my son on his birthday and talk to him.  I did send him multiple e-mails with birthday wishes.  one job I have at work is to make balloon bouquets, so I made 20 balloons up and took photos and sent them to him.  I'm so proud of my son going off and having this mission adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment