Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Mom of a Missionary... E-mails from Mexico March 26,2018

Don't stop! Believing!


Hello, family and friends! Señor Elder Bowlby here. 

(A photo of the elusive and camera-shy Elder Bowlby)

Just a quick letter this week. There hasn't been too much that has happened. In the beginning of the week, my companion got a really bad intestinal infection and we had to stay home a few days of work. We've been inviting our really good investigators to baptism and the church, but... they just don't seem to want to come. It kinda hurts, knowing that these people are more than prepared to be baptized in the church and they just... don't want to come to church, There's not much I can really do in this situation.

The sun is starting to beat down with stronger and stronger heat, and I'm applying lots of sunscreen to my easily burnt nose. It's gotten to 89 degrees Farenheit out here in the past week (and it's also humid here), and many members are saying that during the summer months the heat reaches 104 normally. And to think it's only march! I wonder how people came to live here during these summer months.

I'm getting used to the sun bit by bit. I'm not going to be too happy once the cold gets back in the later months... oops!

I love you all loads, and I hope you're all ready for general conference this saturday and sunday. Know that as you're watching it, I'll be watching it too! Be sure to take notes and seek revelation from the Lord.

Miss you!

-Elder Bowlby

It's always wonderful to get a photo in that Monday e-mail.  I don't think my Son realizes how much that photo means.
I have printed out and put his photo's all around our living area so that I can see him.  I sometimes have to beg for weeks for a photo.  one email I sent every other sentence was please send some photos of you not the buildings.  


No comments:

Post a Comment