Sunday, March 18, 2018

Mom of a Missionary....E-Mails from Mexico...February 12, 2018

Stress Mess Mc'Bowlby

Heya, friends and family! It's me again, Elder Bowlby!

This week has been a rigorous training exercise of faith and might! Lets break! Into! The! Details!

So, my area is Purificacion (Literally translates to Purification, and I have no idea why the name). But it's a little section of Ciudad Victoria built directly on the side of a hilly mountain. It's a lot of hills and rocky pathways, and one colonia of the area is on the other side of the mountain, so to get there we have to climb on up and then climb down to get there. Long story short we haven't gone there yet.

I've been pushing myself to! The! Maximum! I'm working super hard (as I have not yet learned how to work super smart), and reaching for those goals! Reaching out to others! Yeah!

I also broke my own heart this week because we found this really nice couple and they invited us to teach them a lesson inside their home and everything and we felt amazing. We thought they were investigators but when we asked a member who lives nearby they said: "Oh, Elder! Those two are members! And they've been inactive for years because they didn't understand tithing!"

I am still recovering the pieces of my heart after what I thought was a family super prepared to recieve the gospel. I'm not giving up on them, though! We are going to pass by with the bishop and see if we can reactivate them and bring them back to the church.

Other than that, we have been knocking doors this week. Up and down and up and down, here and there... Elder Jensen is putting forward a lot of effort too. He's always so positive! I need positivity in my life because I'm so rough on myself.

But I cant be unmotivated so soon! I'm going to keep on chugging! Maybe if I do things well, I'll treat myself by buying some sort of brik-a-brak for my birthday :0

Please read Alma 13:27-29 in your spare time. It's something that I read this week and personally liked a lot.

I will see you later! Love you all loads. You are well missed!

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment