Sunday, March 18, 2018

Mom of a Missionary....E-Mails from Mexico January 22, 2018

Ay, no puede ser!
Hola mis queridos amigos y mi querida familia! It's another monday.

It's a slow going here in our area. We've been working with a few families that have been investigators for quite some time... One family has listened to four different companionships! They've been in and out of recieving the missionaries for more than a year, and I am one of the priveliged missionaries to have entered into their home.

Because knocking doors isn't too effective in our area, we decided to prop up a table in the local tianguis (It's similar to a flea market in english words, where people from the town place an assortment of items to sell on their own tables and at their own prices. The word is pronounced TEE-YANG-GWEES). It's located in a small plaza near our house. We set up our table, decked it with church magazines, pamphlets, Books of Mormon, pass-along cards... and everything was for free! We gave away about 8 Books, a lot of images of Christ and temples... buuuuut nobody was really interested in setting an appointment for us to come visit.

I'm chugging on along in my progress towards being a better, more consecrated missionary. I'm trying to not beat myself up.

I don't have much else to say, so I'm going to say this:

I love you all, I miss you a lot, and if you have the chance; attend the temple more frequently, read something, learn something new, do something good in the world today. Don't be idle, because looking back on my idleness, I have a lot of regrets. Had I listened to my Mom and gotten outside more, perhaps I wouldn't feel that way \uD83D\uDE05 hahaha.

Please focus on doing a lot of good this year. I don't care how you do the good deeds, but what I do care about is that you go out there and do them!

Love you dearly. Miss you loads,

-Elder Bowlby


No comments:

Post a Comment